How to get rid of nail fungus ;
What is nail fungus?
Nail fungus, also known as “onychomycosis” is a condition that results from fungi, mold or bacteria that infect the nail bed between the finger or toe nail and skin beneath. The method of infection is very similar to athlete’s foot (Learn how to get rid of athlete’s foot) – You can start with a single exposure to one of the many microorganisms that can live in the nail bed (located in locker rooms, swimming pools, showers, footwear – warm and humid) sites with a persistent warm and humid environment around the infected nail. nail fungus is most commonly found in toenails because wet shoes serve as good incubators, where the fingers are exposed outdoors and are dry most of the time.
Symptoms of finger and toe nail fungus
The most common signs of nail fungus are:
- thickened nails
- brittle nails crumble
- a misshapen, dull appearance
- Discoloration – yellow, brown, green or black
- Separation of the nail from the nail bed
- An “off” or “no” smell
yellow nail syndrome
yellow nails sometimes are caused by a condition known as “yellow nail syndrome “. The chances that really have this condition are very slim, especially if this is the first you’ve heard of it because it is accompanied by several symptoms much worse: Swelling of the lower extremities, pneumonia (Tips on how to get rid of pneumonia) and bronchiectasis. If instead you are one of those people who absolutely hate going to the doctor, and any of these additional symptoms sounds familiar – get your butt up and get to your doctor as soon as possible! This is not a condition that is cured by itself.
Note to diabetics
If you have diabetes, you should consult your doctor at the first sign of nail fungus. As you probably know, diabetes can cause poor circulation in the extremities resulting in a slower response of the immune system. This means that even a relatively mild disease, such as nail fungus can snowball into a much more serious condition if left untreated. Let your doctor check your feet and help control the infection during the course of treatment.
nail fungus treatments
These infections are not usually dangerous, but they are quite unpleasant and sometimes may even be painful. If left untreated usually they do not disappear by themselves so depending on your unique (and / or lack of health insurance) can choose one of several effective treatments for fungal nail hand and foot perspective. Whichever method you choose, you can take a very long time to cure this condition. Any treatment you choose will only stop new nail growth of infection – so you will have to wait for the old, unpleasant nails grow out completely before it is cured, and that may take a while. Taking a multivitamin can help accelerate this process.
Oral medications for nail fungus
oral antifungal medications to be prescribed by a doctor, and include itraconazole (Sporanox), fluconazole (Diflucan), and terbinafine (Lamisil). Because the fungus lives between the nail and the skin underneath it is not very accessible to a direct attack so taking one of these drugs can help your body eliminate fungi able to use the new nail growth. These drugs must be combined with proper prevention is discussed later in this article.
home remedies for nail fungus
There are many home remedies for nail fungus as well – and many of them are very effective but make sure you apply religiously and follow the instructions in the next section on prevention. Although not verified, popular opinion says that these home remedy topical treatments work as well as anti-fungal creams store bought and are much less expensive. Note that you have to follow these treatments until all signs of the fungus are gone, it may take up to a year because it is waiting for the infected parts of the nail to grow and be replaced with healthy nail. You should start to see new growth of nail fungus that is free for the first month. Stopping prematurely will lead to the reinfección.Aquí there are two popular and inexpensive natural remedies:
- In a small tub or container enough large to submerge completely infected nails, mix equal parts Listerine mouthwash with white vinegar.
- Soaking infected nails in this bath for at least 15 minutes, twice daily. You can reuse the same liquid for up to a week before replacing with a fresh mix.
- As nails grow, keep them well groomed. Use a nail clipper to cut short a file to the rough surface facing up. Keep your grooming tools in a container filled with the same liquid that is used for baths of water daily.
- wash their hands after each treatment.
- Alternative No. 1 :. Apply the mixture on the infected nail directly using a sponge or Q-Tip, at least twice daily
- Alternative # 2 :. Wrap a paper towel saturated with the mixture and then wrapped around the fingers or infected feet for 15-20 minutes, twice a day
Shield fingers and infected with Vicks VapoRub at least twice a day and at bedtime feet. Wash your hands after each treatment.
This is an extreme solution, and is required only in cases where the infection is severe or painful. The removal of the nail allows the infection to be treated directly and heals quickly – but it’s painful. Her nails usually return to also grow, and if you had not guessed – this is something that only a doctor should do. 😉
nail fungus Prevention
Here are some tips to keep the environment around the inhospitable nails for fungi and bacteria.
- is necessary to wash and dry your hands and feet after bathing, including areas between the toes.
- When nails wash, rub them with a soft brush to remove dirt and dead skin bristles.
- Trim nails and keep them short.
- clean any dirt from under your finger and toenails with a toothpick.
- use only shoes and socks that allow your feet to breathe. Change socks during the day if routinely wet.
- regularly apply anti-fungal powder on your feet and footwear.
- Do not go barefoot in public locker rooms or footwear to share with others.
- refrain from using false nails.
For more information on nail care here.
The post How to get rid of nail fungus appeared first on http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/how-to-get-rid-of-nail-fungus/
find this article with these termshow to make a shieldon minecraft |